Ginger Martini Garnishing Tips
Ginger martini is quite a versatile drink as you can garnish it in several ways according to your taste. Depending on the choice, you can make your ginger martini drink – sweet or sour. Here is a list of few suitable garnishing ideas, which you can easily try out to serve this fabulous drink.
To prepare these garnishes, you will require certain regular kitchen tools, like –
- Vegetable Peeler – to peel off the skin of the garnish
- Paring Knife – to cut thin slices or peel
- Grater – to grate the garnishing item
- Toothpicks or Stirrers – to secure the garnish on the drink
Fabulous Garnishing Ideas for Ginger Martini
Ginger Slice Garnish
A fresh ginger slice is the perfect garnish for the ginger martini drink. Peel off the ginger skin with the vegetable peeler and cut into thin slices along the width or length, using a sharp knife. You can float 3-4 small crosswise slices over the drink or place 1 long lengthwise slice inside the drink.
Candied Ginger Garnish
Candied ginger can be bought from your grocery store or you can prepare at home, if you have time. This will add a sugary taste to your ginger martini drink. Simply make a slit into a piece of candy and place it on the rim or let it float in the martini.
Use fresh raspberries to place into the ginger martini drink or skew through the stirrer to garnish the drink. You can also substitute raspberries with strawberries and follow any type of strawberry garnishing ideas to decorate your glass of ginger martini. For extra strawberry flavor, muddle a bit of strawberry into the drink, while preparing.
Meyer Lemon Garnish
The flavor of Meyer lemon suits the taste of ginger. You can cut out thin crosswise slices of Meyer lemon, to float into the drink or to place on the rim. In absence of Meyer lemon, you can use usual lemon or lime, to infuse the lemony flavor into your ginger martini.
Lemon Twist Garnish
Prepare the lemon twist garnish by peeling off the lemon in a spiral pattern starting from the top side to the bottom. You can use a sharp paring knife or vegetable peeler, for this purpose. Alternately, use orange or lime twist garnish, as these are also suitable ways to garnish the ginger martini drink.
Apple Slice Garnish
A fresh apple slice is another popular choice of garnish for the ginger martini. The flavor of apple blends perfectly with the flavor of ginger. Make horizontal thin slices of the apple, using a sharp knife. Remove the core and discard the seeds. Place the apple slice directly on the drink to float or attach on the glass rim. You can also use various apple garnishing techniques, to garnish your drink.
A long and thick cinnamon stick can also be used as a suitable garnish for the ginger martini drink. You can also sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder over the drink. Place the cinnamon stick inside the drink and wait for it to infuse its flavor into the drink.
Cucumber Slice Garnish
With a sharp knife, cut the cucumber in horizontal slices, in ribbons, or in sticks, for garnishing the ginger martini. Attach the garnish with a toothpick or stirrer over the drink.
Important Ginger Martini Garnishing Tips
- Use fresh ginger to prepare the ginger garnish. Peel off the skin and wash thoroughly to remove any dirt or dust. Pat dry the ginger with a paper towel, before cutting into garnish.
- Do not soak the ginger garnish in a bowl of water, as it will lose the strong flavor.
- To prepare the fruity garnishes, use fresh and washed fruits. Other than apple, orange, lemon, strawberries etc, you can use any kind of fruits like kiwi, mango, grapefruit, pineapple, pomegranate etc to garnish the drink.
- Before cutting the cucumber garnish, taste for the bitterness. Certain cucumbers have a bitter tang, which does not go well with the drink.
- Do not store any of these garnishes in refrigerator, as it will make them lose their freshness.
Follow these helpful tips and suggestions for garnishing and serving the ginger martini to your guests in most brilliant way.