Beef Carving Ideas
A freshly prepared roast beef is indeed tempting, but it is very important that it carved neatly. The method that you follow for beef carving plays a vital role in enhancing the flavor. This article lists some simple steps on for carving beef to perfection.
Tools Needed for Carving Beef
A cutting board
A carving knife
A meat fork
Simple Beef Carving Ideas
- After you take out the roasted beef from the oven, allow it to stand for about 15 minutes so that the juices inside it can settle and spread evenly making the tender than before.
- Sharpen the carving knife to carve the beef smoothly. Some quick swipes of the knife on the knife sharpener tend to point the blade so as to make it at optimal quality.
- Hold the whole beef firmly using a meat fork before you begin carving.
- Carve the beef across the grain by keeping the knife at a regular angle for every slice of meat. If you carve across the grain, the juices of the beef roast will remain within the roast. Thus, you will end up eating extremely tender slices of beef.
Tips for Carving Beef
- Use a sharp knife with a pointed tip to carve beef. This will help you to carve neatly and accurately.
- Care for your hands and obtain a better grip for keeping the meat stable while carving by using gardening gloves.
Beginners can easily follow this simple beef carving technique. For more ideas on how to carve beef, refer to the video on “how to carve better beef".
Image credits : cameronwalcott.blogspot.com