Lemon Carving Ideas
Lemons are not merely meant for adding tanginess to dishes. They can be carved in a number of ways to form wonderful garnishes and vibrant decor pieces. Lemon carving is inexpensive to create but it can instantly jazz up appetizers, drinks, desserts, and even main course dishes. Just some simple techniques and some creativity will help you to carve lemons in the right manner. Read on for more.
Tools Needed for Carving Lemon
For carving a lemon, you will only need the following tools:
A carving knife
A cutting board
Simple Lemon Carving Ideas
1. Star-Shaped Lemon Carving
- Place one lemon over a cutting board.
- Take a sharp knife to make some zig-zag cuts along the center of a lemon. Now, cut throughout the center of the lemon.
- Twist the lemon to pull its halves apart and you will be left with two star-shaped lemon halves.
2. Rose-Inspired Lime
- Take an entire lemon in your hand and hold it length-wise.
- Use a sharp knife so as to make an unbroken strip of lemon rind. Make about a 1/2-inch cut on the top of the lemon. Slice off only the lemon rind, keeping the white pith connected to the lemon. The rind must be sliced in a circular motion until you remove it from the whole lemon.
- Pull away the sliced rind from the bottom of the lemon so that it detaches away. Roll the lemon rind strip to form a tight circle. Finally, arrange it on top of a decorative plate upside down in order to create a rosebud shape.
Use firm lemons when trying for complicated lemon carving. Let your imagination work at its best.
Image credits : shopmania.co.za