How To Buy Cheese Substitutes?
I love cheeses. Do you like them as well? But are you allergic to lactose? Never mind! There are lot of other options out in the market to buy cheese substitutes for dairy cheese. Here let us discuss in brief about the various alternatives to dairy cheese substitutes.
If you are thinking of buying cheese substitutes, then start thinking and looking out with your vendor in this order:
- Are you looking for a creamy cheese to spread or block cheeses or grated or sliced cheese?
- Look for the type of vegan cheese substitutes that you are looking for?
Here are some choices for choosing the right and appropriate alternatives:
- If you are not in the outlook for a vegan cheese, rather a substitute for a lactose free cheese, then you can think of buying the yoghurt cheese!
- If you are looking for a vegan cheese, then go for Tofu cheese made from soybean or a fully plant based cheese that has been branded and in popular in the United States as Daiya.
- Well, well, there are some real cheese substitutes that you should avoid if you are gluten allergic, and allergic to nuts – the nutty almond cheese.
- You can opt in for nutty cheeses, when you are on the outlook in the shelves of the shops for buying low sodium, sugar, tasting like natural cheese that melts well and is not rubbery in texture.
There is one more fully artificial cheese, which I will not recommend for buying, and that is the “imitation cheese”, which is made fully of hydrogenated oils and synthetically.
Let me know when you come back from shopping on how your cheese buying experience was.
Image credits: virginmedia.com