How To Seed Cucumber
Cucumber is a common ingredient in salsas and salads. Once we know how to seed them it becomes far more comfortable to cut and eat them. The seeded veggie is used in a wide variety of recipes like for example it is the base for gazpacho soup. Cucumber is usually peeled and then seeded. Let us see how …
Steps to Seed Cucumber
- Wash cucumber well under cool running water and pat dry.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of cucumber skin from top to bottom.
- Slice off the stem and bottom ends using a sharp knife.
- Slice cucumber lengthwise from top to bottom to get two halves with exposed seeds.
- Using a spoon, scrape away the spoon gently.
- Use cucumber immediately, before they become soggy.
Watch the video to see how to peel and seed cucumber easily…
Tips for Seeding Cucumber
- Use a sharp knife to cut cucumber.
- Do not skin cucumber by taking away thick peels.
- Be very gentle while scraping away seeds, lest cucumber breaks.
- Cucumber can be seeded without peeling too, especially if you are planning to use it for garnishing.
Seed cucumbers and use it generously in salads to enjoy its refreshing taste and health benefits.
Image credit: 1tess.wordpress.com ;
Video credit: youtube.com