How To Seed Mango
The king of fruits, mango is a one seeded fruit. Seeding a mango has to be done correctly so as not to waste too much of the delicious, orange-yellow flesh. This tropical fruit can be cut in many ways however, given below is one of the best and easiest way to remove the flat seed from center of a mango.
Steps to Seed Mango Without Making a Mess
- Wash the mango very well under cool running water.
- Trim away the stem part of the mango.
- Place this flat surface down and stand mango upright on the cutting board.
- Place a sharp knife, a little away from the center and towards one side. Cut right through to the bottom.
- Similarly, slice the other side too; to get two perfectly cut cheeks of the mango.
- Now cut the sides to get two parallel slices of mango.
- The seed remains and this can be discarded or sprouted as desired.
Tips for Seeding Mango
- Use a sharp knife to slice through the fruit.
- Keep your fingers out of the way while slicing through the mango.
- The mango slices can be diced, cubed, and cut as required.
The shape of the mango can help you determine the shape of its seed. Working around the seed would become easier once you know this.