How To Seed Pomegranate
Pomegranates are delicious fruits and there is no need to stay away from this winter delight for want of knowing the right technique to seed them. Most people consider seeding pomegranates a daunting task but there is a simple trick that makes the chore easy and possible in a matter of minutes. Let us see how…
Steps to Seed Pomegranate in Water
- Take a pomegranate and wash it well. Dry thoroughly.
- Cut off the crown.
- Slice or score pomegranate from top to bottom at regular intervals around the fruit.
- Peel away the skin without disturbing much of the membrane.
- Break the fruit into sections and drop them into a bowl of water.
- Gently release pomegranate seeds in the water by massaging them with your fingers.
- The pith would rise to the surface.
- Strain the pomegranate seeds in a colander and use as desired.
Watch the video and pick up some more tips:
Seeding Pomegranate Without Water
There is a common observation that seeding pomegranates in water may dilute their flavor and to avoid this, the seeds can be removed without water. Cut pomegranates in halves or quarters. Hold them, cut surface down, over a bowl and gently tap the bottom or side of the fruit. The seeds would pop out.
Tips for Seeding Pomegranates
- Buy heavy pomegranates, they would have more seeds in them.
- Handle pomegranate seed with care, lest they burst and stain clothes and surfaces.
Pomegranate seeds can be used in a number of lip smacking recipes. Learning how to seed them in water would keep them from splattering around.
Video credit: youtube.com/