How To Puree Meat
Pureeing meat at home for babies and toddlers would work to be economical and even give parents complete confidence as to what is being added to the puree that the baby is going to eat. Just keep aside some of the meat that is bought for the family and blend it to make a meal for the little one too. Read on to learn how to puree meat at home easily…
Principle behind Meat Puree
Meat should be very well cooked prior to blending. Raw meat can be the source of contamination and disease causing organisms; hence, meat has to be cooked very well to render it safe for consumption.
Steps to Puree Meat
- Buy fresh meat from the market. Trim off the fat.
- Place the meat on the cutting board and cut it into small pieces.
- Baking – Place the meat pieces in a baking pan. Place the meat in the oven and cook until it meat becomes red or pink in color.
- Boiling – In a saucepan, take some water and add the meat pieces in it. Bring to boil and then simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Pressure-cooking – Place the meat pieces in a pressure cooker containing about 1 inch of water at the bottom. Pressure cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooked meat into a blender or a food processor.
- Blend to get a smooth meat puree.
- Add water to adjust consistency.
Watch the video for more information on the same:
Learn how to puree meat at home and be a responsible parent.
Image credit: justinliew.com/
Video credit: youtube.com/