How To Puree Avocado
Pureed avocado is not only an excellent baby food; it can also be added to salads, dips, sandwiches etc for the a delightfully exotic twist. Moreover, since, avocado puree freezes quite well, pureeing is the best option if you have surplus produce and want to store them for future use. Read on for detailed steps on how to puree avocado…
Principle behind Avocado Puree
Ripe avocados can be easily pureed. The flesh of avocados is soft and hence can be spooned out and mashed by hand too. When preparing avocado puree for adults, adding some lemon juice would stop the enzymatic browning process. Orange juice can be added if planning to use the puree for baby food.
Steps to Puree Avocado
- Buy hard avocados from market and ripen them at home or buy ripe avocados. Avocados are at the right ripeness for making smooth purees when they are soft enough to give way to pressure when pressed.
- Cut the avocado and remove the seed.
- Discard any avocados that have discolored flesh.
- Using a spoon, scoop out avocado flesh into a blender container or a food processor.
- Actually, the flesh of avocados is soft enough to be mashed with a spoon or a vegetable masher. However, this might give it a coarse texture. If preparing the puree for babies they are best processed in a blender.
- Blend for about 3 minutes to get a smooth paste.
- Breast milk or distilled water can be added to adjust consistency of the mash.
Avocado puree can be mixed with other vegetables like squash puree etc for a wholesome meal for your baby. Watch the video to learn more about the same.
Make avocado puree at home and provide your little one with a healthy meal.
Video credit: youtube.com/