How To Puree Chicken
Preparing to wean your baby but are worried about how your baby would get enough protein? Well, chicken puree is one of the best sources of protein for young children and if it can be made at home, it would be free of preservatives too. Read on to learn how to puree chicken at home…
Principle behind Chicken Puree
Chicken has to be cooked and meat tenderized prior being blended to a puree. Raw chicken is not safe for consumption and it is mandatory to cook it thoroughly to ensure that all contaminants are destroyed.
Steps to Puree Chicken
- Fresh chicken is ideal for pureeing. Bone the chicken or buy boneless chicken. Trim excess fat.
- Cut chicken into large chunks for quick cooking.
- Pressure-cooking – Place chicken pieces in the pressure cooker filled with an inch of water. Pressure cook for about 15 minutes after the first whistle on medium heat and let cool for about 15 minutes prior to taking out cooked chicken.
- Baking – Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken pieces on a baking sheet and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Boiling – Bring a pot of water to boil, add in the chicken pieces and let cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Chop the cooked chicken into smaller pieces.
- Put them into a blender container and blend to get powdered chicken.
- Add some clean, potable water to this and blend slowly to get chicken puree of desired consistency.
Make chicken puree at home and freeze the leftovers for another meal. If desired puree chicken along with vegetables and fruits for a complete meal.