Risotto is an Italian rice dish, cooked with a variety of vegetable, meat, fish and legumes. If you know how to reheat risotto, you will be able to enjoy this dish, even a day after. The dish while cooking is brought into a creamy consistency by adding different types of wine, cheese and onion/ The dish tastes better when it is served fresh, but if you some have leftover then you can always put it in an airtight container and place it in your refrigerator. Risotto can be reheated and served with variety. Here are a few tips for reheating Risotto.
Reheat in microwave:
- Risotto, when kept in the refrigerator becomes dry; this is why you can add a little water before placing it in the microwave.
- You can first keep the dish inside the oven for 3 to 4 minutes and then after stirring, if you feel, you can again keep it for some more time.
- You can also add some butter and a bit of wine to get back its creaminess.
Reheat Risotto in oven:
- Before you reheat the dish, you first need to take it out of the fridge and allow it to cool down.
- Smash risotto with some grated cheese and roll them into small balls. Then you need to cover the balls with breadcrumbs.
- On the oven place a pan and pour oil in it. When the oil becomes hot, fry the balls in medium heat. This way of reheating will transform the recipe making it tastier and fresh.
Reheating Risotto in steam:
- For reheating in steam, place a large bottomed bowl with water on the oven. On high flame allow the water to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, reduce the flame and place the bowl containing leftover risotto on it and cover it with a lid. This technique of reheating, takes time but it keeps your recipe fresh.
So, without wasting further time, reheat risotto as per our suggestions and enjoy with your friends and relatives.
Image credits: reluctantgourmet.comï»¿