Casserole can be a very delicious dish with its unique combination of mushrooms and spinach, crackers, a buttery crust and eggs with sausage. However, when you need to reheat casserole, you start realizing that things are not that easy. It is believed that if there is a crust which is similar to bread, you can reheat it in the oven. In such a case, sogginess in the casserole will be avoided. You can also sprinkle some very fresh crackers on this casserole after you have reheated it, which will increase its taste.
Reheating casserole in a microwave oven:
This is considered to be the easiest and most convenient way of reheating any dish:
- You will need to scoop out casserole on any microwave safe plate and then place it in your microwave.
- The time taken for reheating actually depends on how much food you are reheating. The suggested time is 45 seconds.
- After this suggested time, you should test the warmth of the casserole and check if it is suitable for you. If you think, it is not as per your requirement; you can put the casserole for further reheating in the microwave.
- You can reheat for more than a 1 minute.
- You can keep reheating till you get the desired temperature and warmth.
- You can place this casserole in a microwave safe dish and let it reach a room temperature and then “FLASH”. In case you are not aware, flashing is a very unique cooking technique, which is used by chefs all over the world to reheat room temperature or just to warm food in an oven which is very hot, for a very short duration of time. This is a popular way to reheat casserole, helping it to reach a temperature, thereby ensuring that the food is not overcooked.
- If you wish to FLASH your casserole, all you need to do is to reset the temperature of your oven at 475 degree F and let it get heated on its own, for at least 10 minutes. You can then slowly slip the casserole dish and let it get heated for more 5 minutes, which depends on the quantity of casserole which is remaining.
So, now that you know how to reheat casserole, hope you will not face any problem in reheating it. In case of any other suggestions, do let us know.