Have you ever tried to reheat quiche? Quiche is an interesting dish and a delicate mixture of milk, different filling, heavy cream and also eggs which is prepared depending on the recipe for which it is used. This unique combination of quiche, which helps in adding a special taste to the quiche, actually makes it very difficult to reheat it, while maintaining its original freshness and flavor. Here are some easy tips which shall help you to reheat quiche.
Before reheating quiche:
When you plan to reheat quiche, you have to first think about how to store it properly. Thus, when you have made plans to reheat it, all you need to do, is store it properly first. Ensure that when you store quiche, it has cooled down completely. You can allow the quiche to sit on the counter, so that it cools down well and ensure that you do not cover it. Once you find that the quiche is cooled down enough for storing, you will need to seal its top portion with the help of a plastic wrap and then store it in your refrigerator.
Reheating quiche in oven:
Reheat quiche in your oven as it ensures proper heating and is convenient too. Here are some easy ways of reheating quiche.
- Start the process of reheating quiche by first preheating your oven to 350 degree F. This is the recommended temperature always.
- Now, you can take your quiche, slowly remove the plastic wrap and start reheating the quiche.
- Reheat for only 15 minutes.
- Check after some time if it is warm enough. This normally depends on the quantity of quiche you are reheating. If you have plenty of quiche to reheat, it might take you a lot of time. So, it is better to check the temperature, and if it is not warm enough, you can put it back into the microwave once again, for reheating.
- You can reheat your quiche in a metallic pan or even the pan in which you baked your quiche.
Tip to reheat quiche:
- When you are reheating quiche, it is advised to cut quiche into small serving sizes. This ensures that the heat is able to cook the central part of the quiche first, instead of heating the edges of the quiche.
- When you are reheating quiche, you have to reheat it within 3 days of its preparation or else, no matter how well you reheat it, it will not be fresh and it shall lose its originality.
- Never reheat quiche in a microwave or else it shall get wilted and soggy. The crust also tends to become soggy and you wouldn’t like it when reheated.
Image credits: myomelet.com