How Do You Braise Meat
How do you braise meat in the right way? Braising meat is a method by which meat is prepared slowly with moist heat. Ideally braising is a method of cooking the less tender pork cuts, lamb and beef which are actually very difficult to cook. However, if you wish, you can braise any other peace of meat too. Here is the simple process of doing it.
- You need to start the process by heating a little amount of vegetable oil in a saucepan.
- Do not use too much of oil or else the process shall not be right. You need to use only that much amount of oil which shall prevent the meat from sticking in the pan.
- Now, you will have to very lightly flour this cut of meat. This is an important part of braising meat or else the meat shall not get its brown robust color after cooking and before it is served.
- As soon as the oil gets heated in the saucepan, you can add the cut of meat. You need to be a little careful in this step. You have to ensure that the oil is well heated but it shouldn’t be smoking. Once you ensure this, you can start the braising process, by slowly browning the meat in its all sides.
- Add little bit of water and cover the lid of the pan.
- The meat needs to simmer for sometime before it is braised completely.
Image credits: orchardtable.cookthebook.ca