How To Make Mongolian Beef?
I am sure many of you are clueless about how to make Mongolian beef, so here is the quick guide to this mouth-watering dish. The name "Mongolian beef" is quite misleading, since the dish has nothing to do with traditional Mongolian cuisine. Mongolian beef is an exquisite meat recipe that depicts the taste of Chinese cuisine correctly. This is basically a dish that is mainly served in typical Chinese- American restaurants.
How to Make Mongolian Beef
1. The first step towards making Mongolian beef is that making the sauce. For that, you need to put just about 2 tablespoons of soy bean oil or vegetable oil in a saucepan on low to medium heat. The main trick to get this right is you should never allow the oil to get too hot.
2. Then, you have to add soy sauce, and ginger, garlic paste into the pan. Always make sure that you are stirring the pan occasionally.
3. Next, add some brown sugar in the pan and increase the heat slightly. Let the sauce boil for about 4 minutes or until the texture gets thick. After that, remove the saucepan from heat and keep aside.
4. Take the beef and cut it into bite size pieces. Then, you have to cornstarch the steaks by putting the beef pieces into a ziploc along with cornstarch. After that, shake the Ziploc bag properly for cornstarch.
5. Take another pan for cooking the beef steak. Put in about 1 cup of soybean oil in the pan and place it on medium heat. Then, add the beef steak pieces into the oil for quick searing for about 2 minutes.
6. Sieve out all the oil from the pan and place the beef again for further searing. Pour the sauce in the pan and again cook for about 2 minutes. Then, garnish with onions and serve hot.
This was the how to make Mongolian beef guide. As now you know the recipe of Mongolian beef, you must treat your guest with this amazing meat dish.
Image Credit @ ifood.tv