Christmas Dinner With Chef Mat Lucania
Mat gives us a demonstraton of an easy alternative to Roast Turkey.
Roast Turkey Breast with Tudor Stuffing.
2 boneless turkey breasts, with skin, about 500g (1lb 2oz) each
60g (2¼ oz) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs ... See More
1 Cox's apple, cored and grated
3 canned anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
25g (1oz) seedless raisins, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground mace
Salt and black pepper
1 small egg, beaten
Pinch of saffron strands
1 tablespoon honey
1. Make a cut about halfway through each, down the middle, to open it out slightly.
2. Put the breadcrumbs, apple, anchovy, raisins, cinnamon, ginger and mace in a bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste, with enough beaten egg to bind the mixture.
3. Spoon the stuffing onto one turkey breast, then place the second on top, skin side up. Secure with string and place in a roasting tin.
4. Cover loosely with foil and roast for about 1 hour, until cooked through. Put the saffron in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon boiling water. Leave to soak for a few minutes, then stir in the honey.
5. Brush the turkey with the saffron and honey glaze and roast, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, brushing with the glaze occasionally, until golden brown. Serve, sliced, with roast potatoes, parsnips and onions.
Serve with Chesnut Puree & Parmesan Crisps. "Yummy"