This prawn cocktail recipe uses prawns and avocado and is served in an avocado skin. If looking for recipes for prawn cocktail, this prawn avocado is great served with triangles of brown bread and butter.
Little gem lettuce
1 Large, washed, dried and finely shred
2 Medium, concassed and flesh into fine dice
40 Gram, peeled, de-seeded and diced
1 Medium, ripe, cut half lengthways and stone removed
Marie rose sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Medium, cut into quarters lengthways
1 Teaspoon (to garnish, use as desired)
1. Using a small melon baller, ball the fleshy part of the avocado (as for balling a melon), place the small balls into a bowl and sprinkle over the lemon juice.
2. Remove any pips and trim the wedges from the lemons.
3. Knap a little marie rose sauce into the bottom of an avocado skin.
4. Use the lettuce to make a nest for the avocado skins to sit on.
5. Drain off any excess lemon juice from the avocado and divide the avocado balls between the avocado skins.
6. Carefully add the king prawns to the avocado skins.
7. Knap over the remaining marie rose sauce and dust the prawn cocktail with a sprinkling of paprika pepper.
8. Serve the prawn cocktail with a neat wedge of lemon.