This prawn cocktail recipe uses prawns and avocado and is served in a glass. If looking for recipes for prawn cocktail, this prawn avocado is great served with triangles of brown bread and butter.
Little gem lettuce
1 Large, washed, dried and finely shredded
2 Medium, concassed and flesh diced
40 Medium, peeled, deseeded and diced
1 Medium, ripe, cut in half lengthways and stone removed
Marie rose sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared and refrigerated
1 Medium, quartered lengthways, pips removed and edges trimmed
2 Tablespoon (to garnish)
1. Using a small melon baller, ball the fleshy part of the avocado (as for balling a melon), place the small balls into a bowl and sprinkle over the lemon juice.
2. Knap a little marie rose sauce into the bottom of each glass.
3. Divide the lettuce between the glasses, then divide the tomato and cucumber between the glasses.
4. Drain off any excess lemon juice from the avocado and divide the avocado balls between the glasses.
5. Carefully add the prawns to the glasses, knap over the remaining marie rose sauce and dust each glass of prawn and avocado cocktail with a sprinkling of paprika pepper.
6. Serve the prawn cocktail with a neat wedge of lemon.