Prawn and Tomato Platter
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Can / 227 Grams)|
|Spanish onions||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Fresh prawns||1 Pound, peeled (450 Grams)|
|Edam cheese||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
1. Drain juices from canned tomatoes; finely dice tomatoes and reserve juice for other recipes.
2. Finely dice onion.
3. Crush garlic.
4. In a saucepan, pout together diced tomatoes and onions; cover pan and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in crushed garlic, basil and tomato juice; cover again and simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and boil vigorously with constant stirring until liquid is reduced to half.
7. Add prawns and season with salt and pepper.
8. Let mixture cool down and then divide into 4 equal portions.
9. Store in individual containers and freeze until served.
10. Remove required portion from freezer and defrost.
11. In a saucepan, heat mixture until it simmers.
12. In an ovenproof serving dish, turn the mixture and add cheese; mix well.
13. Top with slices of fresh tomatoes.
14. Place the dish on grill and cook for about 7-8 minutes until cooked.
15. Serve hot Prawn And Tomato Platter over rice or nest of noodles.
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 397.2 mg132.4%
Sodium 1322.8 mg55.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 46 g91.7%
Vitamin A 51.7% Vitamin C 64.4%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet