Salt and pepper to taste
Light soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
Chinese rice wine - 1 tablespoon
Cornflour - 2 teaspoons
Eggs - 2, beaten
Breadcrumbs - 4-5 tablespoons
Oil for deep-frying
Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
1. To prepare the prawns shell them but leave the tails on.
2. Split each prawn in half, leaving the tails still firmly attached.
3. In a bowl mix salt, pepper, light soy sauce and Chinese rice wine and keep aside.
4. Dip the prawns in cornflour, then in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs.
5. In a deep fry pan heat oil and deep fry the coated prawns.
6. Remove fried prawns from the oil on to a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with the sauce.