Coral and Jade Prawns
|Raw prawns||16 Large|
|Broccoli head||1 (Use Fresh)|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Soya sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
1) Wash, skin and de-vein the prawns.
2) Using a sharp knife make a small slit through bottom of prawn.
3) Wash broccoli, separate florets. Keep a length of tender green stalk on each piece.
Slice large florets with knife, cutting through the stem.
4) Pass the end of the stem through the slit in the underside of the prawn so that the floret rests within the curve of the prawn.
5) In a wok heat oil. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry for one minute.
6) Thread prawn and broccoli. Add it to the wok.
7) Turn the prawns for about two minutes and be careful not to dislocate the broccoli.
8) Add soya sauce, water and rice wine, boil to simmering point, cover, and cook for two minutes.
9) Mix cornflour with water and add to the wok to thicken the sauce.
10) Serve immediately.