Prawns with Spinach
|Frozen prawns||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Shrimp)|
|Canned spinach puree/Frozen spinach||12 Ounce, thawed and chopped (1 Can, 350 Gram)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter /2/3 Cup)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Place the prawns (shrimp) in a bowl of cold water and set aside to defrost thoroughly.
2. Drain the can of spinach puree, if using.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes into slices and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the mustard and onion seeds to the pan.
5. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, spinach, ginger, garlic, chilli powder and salt to the pan and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Drain the prawns (shrimp) thoroughly.
7. Add the prawns (shrimp) to the spinach mixture in the pan. Gently stir the prawn (shrimp) and spinach mixture until well combined, cover and leave to simmer over a low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
8. Transfer the cooked prawns (shrimp) and spinach to a serving dish and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1322 Calories from Fat 1090
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.8%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 373.2 mg124.4%
Sodium 2693.8 mg112.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 43 g85.5%
Vitamin A 70.7% Vitamin C 60.6%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet