Crevettes Grill Au Beurre Basilic
|Mediterranean prawns||24 Large (Uncooked)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Basil leaves||24 Large, roughly chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, crushed|
|Basil sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
1) Cut the prawns from the belly and split them. Do not cut the back shell.
2) Lay each prawn flat by opening them.
3) Season the open side of the prawns with salt and pepper and on the bothe sides brush olive oil.
4) Preheat the barbeque and grease the grill.
5) In the barbeque, over the grill, cook prawns for 2 minutes with shells side downwards.
6) Turn the prawns and cook for 2 minutes from other side.
7) While prawns are grilling, prepare sauce.
8) In a small pan, melt the butter and saute chopped basil and garlic for 1 minute.
9) In a serving dish, arrange the prawns with flesh side up.
10) Pour the basil-butter.
11) Serve the praws warm with fresh sprigs of basil on the top.
Calories 926 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1567.4 mg522.5%
Sodium 2841.8 mg118.4%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 139 g277.2%
Vitamin A 65% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet