Prawns Tomato Stir Fry
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish masala powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilly powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fish masala powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
1. If you are buying cleaned and cooked prawns (which is available in most of the Stores in the US), then u can directly apply all the masala powders for marinating the prawns and keep it aside for half an hour.
2. If you are buying uncooked prawns, then u need to clean it and cook it in little water along with a pinch of salt for around 8-10 minutes, till it turns into a pinkish colour and becomes tender. Then you need to marinate the cooked prawns with the above ingredients.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add tomatoes along with little salt.
4. Stir and cook till the tomatoes are mashed and form a thick paste. [You can also use tomato puree instead of tomatoes]
5. Now add 2 tbsp fish masala powder and stir for a few minutes till the oil separates from the masala.
6. Next, add the marinated prawns along with onions and curry leaves and stir well.
7. Fry the prawns on low flame for around 20-25 minutes till the masala gets coated on the prawns.
Visit my website http://malayali.me for more recipes !!!