Linguine with Prawns and Scallops in a Roasted Tomato Sauce
|Linguine||14 Ounce (400 Grams)|
|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Kilograms)|
|Olive oil||3 Ounce (80 Milliliter)|
|Scallops||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Green prawns||7 Ounce, peeled (200 Grams)|
|Calamari||150 Gram, cut into rings|
|Firm white fish||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Brown onions||2 , diced|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Ounce (80 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||2⁄3 Ounce, chopped (1/3 Cup Or 20 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the linguine in salted boiling water until al dente and set aside.
2. To roast the tomatoes: preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Cut the tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tomatoes are well roasted.
3. Place roasted tomatoes in a food processor and process for a few seconds, but do not over-process. (The mixture should still have texture.)
4. Heat half the oil in a pan. Saute the scallops and the prawns for 2 minutes until just cooked, and remove from the pan. Add the calamari and cook for 2 minutes, before removing from the pan. Adding a little more oil if needed, saute the fish for a few minutes until just cooked, and remove from the pan.
5. Heat the remaining oil, and saute the garlic and onion for a few minutes until cooked. Add the tomato mixture, tomato paste and water, and simmer (for 10 minutes). Carefully add the seafood to the sauce, season with salt and pepper, and mix through the chopped parsley.
6. Serve with the linguine and Parmesan cheese.
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.2 mg81.7%
Sodium 528.7 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 50 g99.5%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 87.7%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet