|Prawns||1 Pound, uncooked (450 gram)|
|Light soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Dry sherry||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||75 Milliliter (5 tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Spring onions||3 (for garnish)|
|Lettuce leaves/Crispy seaweed||4 (for serving)|
1. Peel the prawns but leave the tails on. Split the prawns in half from the underbelly, about three-quarters of the way through, leaving the tails still firmly attached.
2. Put the prawns in a bowl with the pepper, soy sauce, rice wine or sherry and cornflour and set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
3. Pick up one prawn at a time by the tail, and dip it in the beaten egg.
4. Roll the egg-covered prawns in breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a wok until medium-hot. Gently lower the prawns into the oil.
6. Deep fry the prawns in batches until golden brown. Remove and drain. Garnish with spring onions, which are either raw or have been soaked for about 30 seconds in hot oil. To serve, arrange the prawns neatly on a bed of lettuce leaves or crispy "seaweed".
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5086 Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.6%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1166.9 mg389%
Sodium 3398.1 mg141.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1008 g336.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.8%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 92 g184.8%
Vitamin A 77.9% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 58.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet