Miss Ruth's Praline Cookies
|Firmly packed light-brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 275F.
2. Grease several cookie sheets.
3. On a sheet of waxed paper, sift brown sugar, salt and flour.
4. In a small bowl add egg whites.Beat them till they are stiff but not dry.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold in sugar mixture and vanilla.
7. In a large bowl, combine egg-white mixture to pecans.
8. Gently fold together, to coat pecans completely with mixture.
9. On prepared cookie sheet, drop mixture 1 tablespoon at a time to make 24 cookies.
10. Place it in preheated oven, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes till the cookies are light brown in color.
11. On wire rack cool the cookies.
12. Serve Miss Ruth'S Praline Cookies hot/cold with tea or coffee
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 66.7 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet