|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In heavy 2-quart saucepan add sugar and cream. Mix well.
2. Place the pan over medium heat. Boil the ingredients well.Stir using a wooden mixture.
3. Continue cooking. Keep stirring to reach 228F on candy thermometer or check if it spins a 2-inch thread while being dropped from a spoon.
5. Add butter and pecans.
6. Cook the mixture on medium heat while stirring in between.Check if it is ready by dropping a little bit of mixture in cold water is forming a soft ball.
7. Place it on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes to 200F.
8. Stir till the mixture gets glossy.
9. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture at least 2 inches apart from one another in the cookie sheet. Check if the pralines are spreading like sheets.
10. Add water if mixture is too stiff.
12. Serve Pecan Pralines immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3546 Calories from Fat 1715
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g310.4%
Saturated Fat 50.7 g253.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.7 mg65.9%
Sodium 107.4 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 453 g150.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.9%
Sugars 427 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 41.6% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet