Baskets Of Chocolate Praline With Mango Sauce
|Mixed nuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Brandy snaps||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Chocolate hazelnut spread||2 Tablespoon|
|Mascarpone cheese||4 Ounce|
|Double cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint sprigs||2 (For Decoration)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
2. Into a heavy-based saucepan, add sugar and 2 tablespoons of water and stir over a high heat until dissolved completely. Boil rapidly until light golden brown, then stir in the nuts and continue to cook until golden brown. When the caramel is golden brown, tip on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread as flat as you can and leave to harden.
3. On a baking tray, place the brandy snaps and put into the oven for about 30 seconds until uncurled.
4. Remove the brandy snaps from the oven and, using a fish-slice carefully lift off the baking tray and shape over small dariole moulds to make baskets. Leave to cool.
5. Cut the cheeks from the mango, make a criss-cross of lines through the flesh, not allowing the knife to pierce the skin. Fold inside out.
6. Cut the cubes and put into a food processor. Add the lime juice and blend to form a puree. Sieve the puree to remove any stringy pieces.
7. In a bowl, mix together the chocolate spread and mascarpone cheese.
8. Using a rolling pin, crush half of the praline into a powder. Stir 2 tablespoons of the praline into the chocolate mixture. Fill a piping bag, fitted with a large star nozzle.
9. Pipe the cream into the brandy snap baskets.
10. Onto serving plates generously pour the mango sauce. Dot the sauce with 3 spots of cream and, using a cocktail stick, feather the cream into the mango sauce.
11. Place the baskets on top. Break off a couple of pieces of the remaining praline and place in the chocolate praline. Decorate with mint sprigs and a dusting of icing sugar.