|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. In 4 qt. glass casserole blend buttermilk, sugar, pecans, salt and butter and microwave at high for 12-14 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes.
2. Add baking soda, stirring to foam and microwave at high for 1-2 minutes to darken mixture.
3. Whip with wooden spoon until mixture turns dull (1 minute).
4. Spoon onto wax paper to harden.
5. Transfer to an airtight container or serve as snacks.