|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In the oven toast sesame seed for 15 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a 3-quart saucepan cook combining both sugars and cream over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Wash crystals from side of pan and cook to 230° on candy thermometer.
5. To a pan add butter, pecans and sesame seed and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, to 234° (soft ball stage).
6. Remove from heat, cool 2 to 3 minutes, then stir 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Drop from spoon, working fast, onto buttered waxed paper, aluminum foil or marble slab.
8. Serve Sesame Pralines as snacks or with beverages.