|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In the oven toast sesame seed for 15 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a 3-quart saucepan cook combining both sugars and cream over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Wash crystals from side of pan and cook to 230° on candy thermometer.
5. To a pan add butter, pecans and sesame seed and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, to 234° (soft ball stage).
6. Remove from heat, cool 2 to 3 minutes, then stir 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Drop from spoon, working fast, onto buttered waxed paper, aluminum foil or marble slab.
8. Serve Sesame Pralines as snacks or with beverages.
Calories 1141 Calories from Fat 500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 108.1 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 123 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet