|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce, powdered|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Praline||2 Tablespoon (rounded)|
1) In a small teacup, measure the water, sprinkle in the gelatine and set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
2) In a saucpen, measure the milk, set over low heat and allow to become quite hot.
3) In a basin, crack the egg yolks, add the sugar and, using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture until creamy and light.
4) Slowly stir in the hot milk, blend well and return the mixture to the saucepan.
5) Add the cake of soaked gelatine and stir over low heat, just long enough to dissolve the gelatine.
6) Remove the pan from heat, strain into a basin and set aside to cool.
7) When the mixture is cold and beginning to thicken, lightly whip the cream and fold quickly into the mixture, together with the praline.
8) Pour into a 1 1/2-pint (scant 1-litre) mould or six small individual moulds and chill until set firm.
9) When ready to serve, using a knife, loosen round the top edges of the mould.
10) Dip in hot water (hot as the hand can bear) for a few seconds and turn out.
11) Serve the dish as dessert.
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.4 mg43.1%
Sodium 55.8 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.18%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet