Praline Sugar Cookies
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Refrigerated sugar cookies roll||16 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Roll)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|White sugar/Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sparkling)|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) In a 8-inch heavy skillet, add granulated sugar and melt over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
3) Swirl the pan frequently to spread and heat until golden brown. Do not let it brown.
4) Remove from heat.
5) Add pecans until coated.
6) On a sheet of foil spoon the mixture.
7) Cook for 15 minutes until hard.
8) Chop finely pecan-sugar candy.
9) In a large bowl, break up cookie dough.
10) Mix brown sugar and vanilla until well blended.
11) Mix chopped pecan-sugar candy.
12) Take 1 measuring tablespoon dough for each. Make into balls.
13) Dredge in coarse sugar.
14) Arrange on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
15) Bake for 11 to 16 minutes.
16) Let stand to cool for 2 minutes.
17) Remove from cookie sheets and serve.