Pecan Brittle And Praline
|Granulated sugar||9 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Golden syrup||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
|Pecan nuts||9 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Take a large heatproof bowl and add the sugar and golden syrup in it.
2. Place in the microwave on high temperature for 4 minutes, uncovered.
3. Add the pecan nuts and butter and cook in the microwave for additional 4 minutes.
4. Sprinkle baking powder on the top and stir until it bubbles up to become frothy and light.
5. Take a 50 cm (20 inch) length of lightly-oiled foil or greaseproof paper and add the mixture in it. Allow it to set.
6. Tap sharply to get small brittle pieces.
7. In an airtight container, store each piece wrapped in waxed paper, foil, or cellophane.
8. Use a toffee hammer or any heavy instrument to break the wrapped brittle into a coarse powder. One can also use a powerful food processor.
9. Serve in a serving dish.