|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light-brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In 2-quart, heavy saucepan, combine sugars and cream.
2) Over medium heat, bring the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon.
3) Keep on cooking, stirring occasionally, to 228F on candy thermometer, or until syrup spins a 2-inch thread when dropped from spoon.
4) Add pecans and butter.
5) Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, to 236F on candy thermometer, or until a little in cold water forms a soft ball.
6) Remove pan to wire rack.
7) Let cool 10 minutes — to 200F.
8) Stir about 1 minute, or until slightly thick but still glossy.
9) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto sheet of foil or double thickness of waxed paper.
10) Pralines will spread into large patties.
11) If mixture becomes too stiff, stir in a drop or two of cold water.
12) To store: Arrange in layers in plastic refrigerator container or tin with tight-fitting lid, with waxed paper between layers.
13) Store in a cool, dry place.
14) Serve the pecan pralines as dessert.