|Butter/Do not use margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces (1 Stick)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||8 Ounce, toasted and coarsely chopped (2 Cups)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Grease two or three cookie sheets.
2. In heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine butter, granulated and brown sugars, cream, and corn syrup; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugars have dissolved and syrup is bubbling.
3. Set candy thermometer in place and continue cooking, without stirring, until temperature reaches 230° to 234°F (thread stage), about 8 minutes.
4. Add pecans and vanilla; stir until bubbling subsides. Heat to boiling. Continue cooking until candy temperature reaches 244° to 248°F (firm-ball stage).
5. Remove saucepan from heat and stir vigorously until syrup has thickened and turns opaque, about 3 minutes.
6. Working quickly, drop mixture by tablespoons, at least 1 inch apart, on prepared cookie sheets (stir briefly over low heat if mixture gets too thick). Cool pralines completely. Layer between waxed paper in airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 1 week, or freeze up to 3 months.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5674 Calories from Fat 2949
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 343 g528.2%
Saturated Fat 127.1 g635.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 570.7 mg190.2%
Sodium 122.6 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 682 g227.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.1%
Sugars 637.6 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 129.3% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 35% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet