This is the first part of the Thanksgiving series. We start with homemade stuffing. Other videos include secrets to a moist turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potato pie and butternut squash soup. My kids will not eat at any other relatives homes because they love my turkey and stuffing. I always have to make more than fits in the turkey. The secret is the bread. I use onion rolls or challah which are both eggy breads. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
1 , shredded
4 , slice
2 Tablespoon, chop
1 Medium, chop
2 , dice
6 Large, chop (With stems cut off)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Challah bread rolls/Onion rolls
1. In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Add carrots, garlic, scallions, onions and celery stalks and saute.
3. Add salt, pepper and cayanne pepper and stir.
4. Next, add mushrooms, rosemary and parsley and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
5. Don't cook the vegetables completely because it'll cook more while inside the turkey.
6. Remove off flame, let it cool and transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
7. Shred the challah bread into the bowl and add an egg and mix together with hands.
8. Use the stuffing to stuff a turkey and cook it and serve as a thankgiving main dish.