Cornish Game Hens
|Cornish hen||2 Small|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon, divided (For squash seasoning)|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided (For squash seasoning)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided (For squash seasoning)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), canned|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For hens seasoning)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Microwave spaghetti squash for few minutes. It’s easy to cut when warm.
2. Deseed spaghetti squash and wash with running water.
3. Sprinkle kosher salt, lemon pepper and garlic salt over squash.
4. Wrap squash in cellophane wrap. Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
5. Take squash out from microwave and extract the flesh.
6. Add lemon pepper, garlic salt and soya sauce and blend well.
7. Chop red bell pepper and incorporate to the squash mixture.
8. Chop green beans and mushrooms.
9. Boil water, add in butter and put green beans.
10. After a few minutes add mushroom to the beans. Cook for a few minutes.
11. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
12. Take Cornish hens, cut it from the backbones.
13. Press chickens with hands.
14. Season chicken with sea salt, garlic sauce lemon pepper, and thyme.
15. Turn back the chicken and sprinkle seasoning.
16. Heat olive oil in a pan, add in seasoned chicken. Cook for 15 minutes.
17. Roast chicken in oven for 30 minutes.
18. In a plate serve hens with mashed squash, green beans and mushrooms. Serve hot.
Calories 1397 Calories from Fat 710
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.4%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g97.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.5 mg85.8%
Sodium 3058.5 mg127.4%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 55 g110.7%
Vitamin A 52.8% Vitamin C 152.3%
Calcium 46.2% Iron 48.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet