Stuffed Turkey Breast with Seasoned Dressing
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon cubes||2|
|Green pepper flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried celery flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Day old bread slices||8 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Whole turkey breast||6 Pound (1 Number)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1) Bone the turkey breast and leaving the skin intact.
2) Cut a pocket around two-thirds through each side toward the center. Sprinkle each pocket with salt and pepper and keep them aside.
3) Take a skillet and add 1/2 cup of butter into it.
4) Add onion and saute for few minutes.
5) Add chicken-flavored bouillon cubes, green pepper flakes, parsley flakes,
celery flakes, poultry seasoning and bread slices. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
6) Take the pockets and stuff with this bread mixture.
7) Take a baking dish and put the turkey into it.
8) Meat thermometer can be inserted.
9) Bake the dish for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
10) Remove the baking dish from the oven when the thermometer reads 185 degrees.
11) Baste the turkey with the remaining butter.
12) Slice and divide among 10 individual serving plates.
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.2 mg71.1%
Sodium 527.4 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 62 g124.1%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet