|Calvados||3⁄8 Pint (8 Fluid Ounce)|
1) Cut the pheasant. Though it can be cut up after cooking, it is convenient to cut before.
2) Hung the bird well, until used.
3) Chop the shallots.
4) Peal and core the apple rings.
5) Brown the pheasant and chopped shallots in the butter.
6) Flame half the Calvados over it.
7) Add water, herbs, salt and pepper and cook slowly, 325°F, 170°C, Gas Mark 3, for 45 minutes.
8) Add apple rings and Calvados and finish cooking a further 30 minutes or until the bird is tender.
9) Pack in plastic container and freeze.
10) To serve: thaw the pheasant, heat it well and serve as main dish.