Salmi Of Grouse Or Partridge
|Guinea fowl/Grouse/partridges||2 Small|
|Bacon (streaky) rashers||4|
|Strong stock||3⁄4 Pint|
|Port wine/Red wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. Wrap each bird in with bacon slices.
3. Mix the butter and flour to form a paste.
4. In a roasting pan heat oil, place the birds in hot oil and roast for 20 minutes.
5. Take it out of the oven and allow cooling a little bit.
6. Carve the birds into pieces and place into a casserole.
7. Pour in the strong stock; add herbs and seasoning and cook gently in the oven for 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
8. Take out the pieces and keep them in a serving dish in the oven to keep it warm.
9. Heat the pan and bring the pan drippings to a boil to reduce it a little.
10. Pour in the wine (or port) and cook for a few minutes.
11. Add the flour and butter paste a little at a time to thicken the sauce and continue heating until the sauce is thick enough as per desired consistency.
12. Pour over the sauce on the pieces of game, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.