Microwave Festive Game Hens
|Rock cornish game hens||2|
|Apricot jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Ready the birds for cooking as per the instructions.
2. Place them in a dish and brush glaze over them and wrap the dish with wax paper.
3. Determine the cooking time on the basis of their combined weight.
4. Place the dish in a microwave oven, and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for 9 minutes per pound.
5. Turn hens during the half of the cooking time and brush them with glaze, cover and cook for some more time.
6. When done to right temperature, the legs start moving freely and juices become clear.
7. Cover and allow the dish to remain for another 10 minutes before serving.
8.Serve festive game hens with sauce.