|Duckling||5 Pound (1 Duckling)|
|Ground thyme||1 Dash|
|Canned pitted dark sweet cherries||16 Ounce, pitted (1 Can)|
|Port wine/Other sweet red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Season duckling with salt, pepper and thyme from inside and outside.
2. Using a knife or fork, prick skin of duck.
3. Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
4. In a shallow baking dish, place the seasoned duckling and roast in preheated oven for about 3 hours until tender; approximately 30-35 minutes per pound of meat.
5. In the meantime, drain cherries and reserve ¼ cup of liquid.
6. In a bowl, soak cherries in Port.
7. When the duckling is roasted, drain dripping from inside the cavity and keep roasted duckling in a serving platter; keep aside.
8. Skim fat from dripping and transfer to the roasting pan.
9. Drain Port from cherries and add to the roasting pan.
10. Heat the saucepan and bring the mixture to boiling.
11. Add drained cherries, broth and lemon juice.
12. Into the reserved cherry liquid, stir in corn starch until well blended and add to the sauce.
13. Cook with constant stirring until sauce is clear and thick.
14. Pour sauce over duckling and serve whole.
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.5 mg102.8%
Sodium 548.4 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 57 g113.6%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet