Apple And Raisin Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (Lipton, 1 Envelope)|
|Apple cider/Apple juice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cube stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Unseasoned)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornish hens||6 (4 Hens, 1 To 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Apples||2 Large, cored and halved|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. In a medium pan, pour in the onion soup and mix with the cider.
3. Pour 1/2 mixture into medium bowl and then add the stuffing mix, raisins and walnuts and combine well
4. Use this mixture to stuff the hens and then secure the openings of the hen with the skewers or wooden toothpicks.
5. Prepare a shallow baking tray with the hens and the apples and add the rest of the cider vinegar mixture to the pan.
6. Blend in the sugar, cinnamon, and then brush this mixture on top of the hens and the apples. Use the rest of the mixture as a baste for basting the chicken. Bake for 1 hour or till hens are done.
7. Arrange hens and apples on a large serving platter in slices