Currant Glazed Duckling With Gourmet Stuffing
|Frozen duckling||9 Pound, Defrosted (2nos., 4 1/2 lbs. each)|
|Long grain and wild rice mix||24 Ounce (frozen in the stay-perfect pouch, 2 packages, 12oz each)|
|Mushrooms||6 Large, sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon||1 Teaspoon (1 cube)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Currant jelly||10 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch|
1. Wash the duckling. Pat thoroughly dry using kitchen towel
2. Sprinkle body and neck cavities evenly with salt.
3. Prick the skin all over with a fork.
4. Cook rice according to package directions only until thawed.
5. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
6. To make the stuffing for the ducklings, in a bowl, combine the cooked rice with mushrooms, celery, onion, and stuffing mix.
7. Into boiling water, dissolve the bouillon and stir in the butter.
8. Add the liquid into the rice mixture and stir with a fork to mix.
9. Spoon the Gourmet stuffing into the duckling cavities, packing them lightly.
10. For each duckling skewer the neck skin to back. Cover opening of body cavity with aluminum foil and tie legs together loosely with kitchen twine.
11. Place the ducklings on a rack in a roasting pan.
12. Slow roast them for about 2-2½ hours.
13. While ducklings are roasting prepare glaze by combining the jelly, vinegar and spices in saucepan.
14. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 3 minutes, stirring.
15. During the last 30 minutes of roasting the ducklings, brush them several times with this glaze. The duck is done when the juices from the fattest part of the thigh or drumstick run rosey when the duck is pricked, and when the duck is lifted and drained, the last drops of juice from the vent are pale rose.
16. Remove the duck from the oven, remove and discard trussing strings.
17. Place it on a serving platter. Rest it for 10 minutes before carving.
18. Reheat the glaze and strain into a sauceboat.
19. Quarter the ducklings and serve with the sauce.