Outdoor Cornish Gourmet
|Cornish game hens||4 (Tryson)|
|For the marinade:|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Dash|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
2. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Arrange them in a large pan.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and stir until well blended.
5. Pour the marinade over the hens, turning the hens a few times to coat with the marinade.
6. Cover and let the birds sit in the marinade for about 4-5 hours, so that they get tender and absorb all the flavors of the marinade sauce. Turn them frequently to keep them coated with the sauce.
7. On a barbecue grill or a spit, grill the marinated hens for about 1 hours, turning and basting them frequently while the cook to keep them succulent and juicy, until they are tender. You can also broil the hens.
8. Serve the hens on individual plates accompanying them with a salad, rice or grilled vegetables on the side.
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.2%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.4 mg80.5%
Sodium 818.1 mg34.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.92%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet