Summer Cornish Roast
|Cornish game hens||3 , halved (Tyson)|
|Buttermilk||1 Pint (2 Cups)|
|Canned cream of mushroom soup/Cream of celery soup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
|New potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Small Ones)|
|New onions||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Small Ones)|
|Celery stalk||3 , sliced and leaves reserved|
|Mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2. In a large casserole or baking dish, arrange the hen halves, skin side up.
3. Sprinkle them with the herbs, seasonings and cheese.
4. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, soup and garlic and stir to blend.
5. Pour the evenly over the hens.
6. Place the dish in the preheated oven
7. Cook hens for about 30 minutes.
8. Add the vegetables and cook until the hens and vegetables are tender, another 20 to 30 minutes.
9. Arrange the hens on a platter and spoon the vegetables around them.
10. Garnish with reserved celery leaves.
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.4 mg53.5%
Sodium 1228.4 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 37 g74.9%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet