Garden Turkey And Stuffing
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Celery ribs||2 (1 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (1 Cup)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chunk white turkey/Chicken||10 Ounce, drained (2, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
1. Combine broth and milk.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large saucepan, melt and heat the margarine or butter over medium heat.
4. When hot but not smoking, add the vegetables together.
5. SautÃ© until limp.
6. Stir in flour and sautÃ© another 1 minute.
7. Gradually pour in the liquid, stirring constantly until well blended.
8. Simmer the sauce, stirring until it is thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
9. Take pan off the heat and mix in the turkey and stuffing mix.
10. Into a 2-quart baking dish or oven-to-table casserole, turn the turkey mixture and spread evenly
11. Bake in the preheated oven for almost 35 minutes.
12. Just before serving sprinkle cheese on top.
13. Place dish in oven or under broiler for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
14. Take the dish straight to the table and serve the bake hot.