Garden Turkey and Stuffing
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Celery ribs||2 (1 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (1 Cup)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chunk white turkey/Chicken||10 Ounce, drained (2, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
1. Combine broth and milk.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large saucepan, melt and heat the margarine or butter over medium heat.
4. When hot but not smoking, add the vegetables together.
5. SautÃ© until limp.
6. Stir in flour and sautÃ© another 1 minute.
7. Gradually pour in the liquid, stirring constantly until well blended.
8. Simmer the sauce, stirring until it is thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
9. Take pan off the heat and mix in the turkey and stuffing mix.
10. Into a 2-quart baking dish or oven-to-table casserole, turn the turkey mixture and spread evenly
11. Bake in the preheated oven for almost 35 minutes.
12. Just before serving sprinkle cheese on top.
13. Place dish in oven or under broiler for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
14. Take the dish straight to the table and serve the bake hot.
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.2 mg13.1%
Sodium 1256 mg52.3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 171.2% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet