Roast Duck With Curried Apple Stuffing
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pie sliced apples||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Duckling||5 Pound, thawed in frozen (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Any Desired)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F before roasting.
2) Wash duck under cold running water and dry gently.
3) Season inside and outside of duck with salt.
4) In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté apples, onion, raisins and honey in it briefly.
5) Mix in rest of the ingredients except duck and Glaze.
6) Use this mixture to stuff the inside cavities of duck and then tie with skewers.
7) In a shallow roasting pan, place duck with breast-side up and keep on rack to roast for 2 to 2 1//2 hours in preheated oven, ensuring to release fat by pricking breast of duck with a fork.
8) Increase heat to 450° F during last 20 minutes of roasting time.
9) Drain off fat and again roast, applying the glaze frequently.
10) Using poultry shears, cut the duck in quarters and serve hot.
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.3 mg55.4%
Sodium 245.2 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet