|Poussin||1 Pound (1 Small)|
|Lean bacon rashers||4|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste (Or Milled)|
1) With a knife cut rind from chops and slit lengthwise from the outside edge into bone making a pocket.
2) With a pate season the inside and the pocket. Press to reshape the chop.
3) Beat egg mixture and dip the chop in it. Dredge in breadcrumbs and pat firmly to coat.
4) In a skillet heat fat and fry to brown. Cover with a lid and cook chops turning in between for 30 minutes.
5) 10 minutes before cooking time remove lid. Drain.
6) Serve with buttered asparagus tips and parsley potatoes.
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 239.9 mg80%
Sodium 848.4 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.33 g0.11%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet